Wednesday, June 5, 2013

California's Beautiful Secrets








Today was so much fun! Courtney is amazing! Is she not? I got to shoot at one of my favorite spots I recently found. It's a secret place! (Not really.. I just like to think it is!) People ask me all the time how I find such cool places. I'm telling you, behind a warehouse, an empty lot on the side of the road, an abandoned building; all these places are unconventional and can be an eye sore. But when I look at it, photos come flooding into my head. And it's not something I have learned to control yet. So when I'm not working, or shooting, it's a bit distracting trying to do some school work, etc. But I found this jewel of a place on a Thursday night after work. See? You just have to make time for miniature adventures throughout your week. Even if it's just a walk down the block. 

I decided to edit the shoot in all black and white because I haven't done darkroom in so long and I miss printing in black and white. Trust me. This is no comparison to dark room magic. (There is nothing cooler than having total control of your shoots/projects from the very idea of it all the way to printing it yourself.) 
I miss dark room. Anyone have one and wouldn't mind me paying you a visit? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.