Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Morgen; The Painter

So I have surrounded myself with beautiful people and things to photograph, but what about these people do you really know? I have been in love with the idea of photographing lifestyle for quite a while. And I have found a friend who is an extremely talented painter and singer. Morgen recently had an art show debuting her self portraits she painted from the past 6 months. I found her work exceptionally inspiring. (But I wasn't expecting anything less then perfection with Morgen's art!) Her goal is to create 100 self portraits, and I was able to photograph her for a couple portraits she recreated by painting. She let me come into her life and photograph her painting process and even bits of her life. I'm in love with film and the look of it, so some of these images I decided to recreate the look of film in black and white. But really, black and white tells such a richer more honest story; film even more so. I'm very excited to share these images with you! Especially since I've never done anything quite like this before! Enjoy!

Meet Morgen! She's super talented and such a delight to work with!







This is her dog, Nixon!







Bits of her room



An almost done self portrait!



If she hasnt inspired you to pick up a paint brush, I don't know what will. I'm dying to learn how to draw anything other than stick figures! When ever I say this around Morgen, she always replies with the same answer. 
That I have the same capabilities, opportunities and resources as her and I should give it a try! I'm gonna have to take that offer and see what I can create! You should do the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.