Saturday, February 9, 2013









Digital is good too..

So today, I was cleaning out my closet, and low and behold, I found my Photo note book from High School!
Inside was ALL my negatives from the 2 years I took Darkroom, and plenty of notes and ideas! I was one happy girl! In this shoot with Ashley, I wanted to go back the simplicity and honesty of digital! I needed to find that middle ground of film and digital. I probably don't make much sense, what I mean to say is, I needed to find the magic again in digital that I have sooooo easily found in film photography.
My hope, is that I captured it with this shoot. Now, if any of you who are reading this, and have done a shoot with me know this. But for those of you haven't, When I'm shooting, my mind is racing a mile a second with images. Every movement the subject makes; the flick of a finger, the hair blowing in the wind, etc; it all is captivating. And for me, when I'm posing the models I'm shooting, I sometimes don't make sense. Like I'll just skip words... and expect them to understand fully what I just mumbled. It's a trait I strive to fix. But at the same time, its really funny to watch everyone's face go from "oh wow, that is gonna look so cool!" to "what on earth did she just say?!" haha So Ashley, Thanks for being a trooper through my intense lack of pronunciation.  And thank you for giving me images that are exactly what I was looking for. 

xoxo
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.