Thursday, July 18, 2013

Live A Little!

So I have this friend, Megan, who is seriously amazing at modeling! Every shoot we do, I fall in love with the results! While I'm shooting, I'll just stop and breathe it at all in. (I should video an entire shoot just to see myself and how crazy I look! haha!) It's so wonderful to work with someone who totally understands what look you're going for! Not to mention, we've been friends since Jr. High and she's lived 3 houses down since then! I told Megan I wanted to use a harsh flash for the shoot and she was totally up for the challenge! (Have you ever had a flash shine directly in your eyes? Now try that every 3 seconds for about an hour and that's what Megan endured with flying colors!) Through all the poses and props and harsh light blasting in her face she STILL managed to give me pictures I have fallen in love with twice! (Once while shooting and again when editing!)
With this shoot, I wanted to capture a bit of a party scene look! I decided to over expose the pictures just a touch to really emphasize the harsh light! I don't really like to use artificial light for anything.. ever.. But this time I made an exception! I usually plan shoots during the day to get natural light, but this time, I thought I'd stretch my capabilities and practice some harsh light with a wonderful model!
 Enjoy!






I hope you enjoyed this shoot as much as we both did creating it! Happy Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.