Thursday, October 3, 2013

"An Unusual Affinity: The Project" by Mike Lee

So I have noticed, I surround myself with artists. Which is not a bad idea at all! In fact its quite fun to always be in the artsy mood and share ideas with my friends and even family members. Well, Mike Lee, who is actually my sister's husband's brother, (confusing, I know) is currently attending Brigham Young University - Idaho. He is just finishing up his Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts in Illustration. He'll be done in December! He came to me a couple months ago asking me to participate in his final project for his Bachelors! I was so excited to be apart of this special project! I photographed a couple of our friends who do different genres of art. A Painter, a Singer/Song Writer, two Piano wizards and me, the Photographer! Below is my portrait he created from the pictures we took. He used Photoshop and oils to create this image. I was astonished by what he pulled together in this portrait. He brought me and the camera to life with all the different colors in my eyes and the lens. I love that about this piece. He created something that is totally unique and totally fits my personality and my work. To see more and keep up with his creations, his website is http://mikeleeillustration.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.