Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lost at Seaside

Ill start out with a backstory of this shoot so it makes sense.. haha! So years and years ago, I joined a yet another social media (how many are there!?) called Tumblr. I LOVE Tumblr. And not for the same reasons as most of the emotional teenage love struck girls that  are on that website. I joined because it would expose me to a lot of different art and inspiration. The best thing I ever did was join. This is where I find nearly all of my inspiration. Now, I have come across this, whats called a GIF, (pronounced "Jiff" I finally found out..) of this girl standing on a beach a couple years back. And it has shown up on my feed only a few times, so its exciting I found it for this post! (Click here to view.) Well, I instantly fell in love with this GIF. And it has become a burned image in my head. I just love the stillness and yet the chaos in one small image; its breathe taking. Well, this is where this shoot with Alex comes in. I told him to wear dark colors and thick jackets. We met at 6 a.m. when the moon was still out. So we got to one of my favorite beaches, (I like to think is a secret) and we got to shoot in the light in between the moon fading away and just before the sun is up. The following images are all film. I used a camera from the 1970's; my favorite camera by far. Oh, and some cheap film from Walmart. I was most happy with the results. The lighting, the model, the film, the theme; everything was perfect. Now I give you, "Lost at Seaside".



This one has to be one of my favorites. Even though he is not in focus, it creates this feeling of uneasiness and yet the stillness I was yearning to create.



Just as the sun is coming up.. 






1 comment:

  1. We need to do a photoshoot!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.