Wednesday, March 19, 2014

THE EGG OF THE PHOENIX part 4

It's Wednesday! AKA: hump day! Plus we're almost to the middle of my shoots! Here is the third stage and photo shoot of the show with my good friend and long time neighbor, Megan Thomas.

Melee: [mey-ley]noun: a confused fight; skirmish, scuffle. 










This shoot was actually done all the way back in the first weeks of November. Megan was MORE than patient with me to take these photos and only see one from the entire.. oh I don't know, the average 500 photos I typically walk away from a shoot with... She is a brilliant model. She portrayed a sense of helplessness and yet self awareness I was looking for. 

p.s. recognize the one of the feet? hehehe ...I cropped it A LOT to use it for the flyer!

I mentioned in the very first blog post, I didn't know what I would be shooting. I just knew I wanted to do an art show. That idea came up early October. I was planning shoots and gathering models for the show, asking around to see who was interested, they all accepted the challenge! Anyway, I was planning the shoots and buying clothes online for these shoots, and then I got to the third shoot and realized, I was subconsciously putting in details into the shoots that were literally things that happened while in my transformation from who I was to who I am now. All the locations are places I slowly realized who I was and who I wanted to be. So it was such an honor to be able to go back to these special places and do shoots that symbolize each stage of that process of really digging deep into myself and seeing who it is I want to be in life. A very deep soul search, if you will. I just used these places and a few people to finally find myself. Something I'll spend the rest of my life trying to understand. 


I can't wait to show you tomorrow's shoot.. OOOO!! It's a fun one! Here's a hint: it got reaaaaalllly messy.
Stay Tuned!

xx
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.