Sunday, March 23, 2014

THE EGG OF THE PHOENIX part 8: THE FINALE

And here it is folks. The very last shoot and stage of this story I call my crazy life. 
This last shoot is featuring my dear friend, Danielle Materra.


Vanquish: [vang-kwish]verb: to conquer or subdue by superior force; as in battle.










Here is the moment we've all been waiting for! 

The very last shoot of them all; the part where I take over my own life and not feel guilty about it. Because for a long time, I did. This shoot is symbolic of my victorious ending to this treacherous story of mine. I hand made the crown she's wearing. It took me close to two months to make that crown. Feathers, lace, beads, sequins and blood, sweat and tears, my friends. And lots of it. The stone she is wearing, is an agate druzy stone. It abolishes fear and uplifts courage; a few things I was lacking through this process. I put little bits of my personality and everlasting curious case of wanderlust: the shirt is actually from an online shop based in Australia. And the skirt I hope you'll recognize from a previous shoot. I did reuse some of the clothing from other shoots to really exemplify that I was still me, just a little bit different and stronger than the me I was leaving behind in those ashes.

 But believe me, I'm the happiest I have ever been in my lifetime. The world is open and full of opportunities for you and me to go out there and grab! This 6 month project and art show has opened so many doors and opportunities for me. It was very overwhelming to receive so much support and love from you all.

 But what I loved most of all about this whole experience is, for the first time ever, I was able to have a one-on-one viewing experience with my viewers. And that is something I've never done before.

My models and I have been so patiently waiting to show you all what it is we've all been keeping a secret all this time! I told the models to not share too many details of their shoot to too many people just to keep it a secret and keep the unveiling of the photos a bigger surprise. I have been living in this kind of dream world for the past 6 months. It was like living in my own little bubble of models and ideas and "don't tell anyone anything!" It was kind of fun to keep a secret this big from all of my viewers. 

I thank you all who came out last weekend to my very first (of many) art shows and exhibitions. I hope to see you at my next big project unveiling! ;)

xx
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.