Saturday, March 22, 2014

THE EGG OF THE PHOENIX part 7

This shoot, is symbolic of when I was blessed to stumble into 5 people who helped me realize that I was meant for so much more than just to sit in a dark room and let myself feel guilty for taking charge of 
my own life. Here is the stage where I get up and dance for the first time in a long time.

This is my good friend, Ashley Mahony.

Serendipitous: [ser-uhn-dip-i-tuhs]adjective: fortunate accident; occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way.









This shoot was about the stage where I finally found who I was looking for through this whole process; the real me. I finally found my ground and stood up and said "Enough!" I was tired of letting myself feel sad and guilty for taking charge of my own life. I was done with the peer pressure and "in it for the minute" kind of happiness I had come accustom to. 

I found this dress, believe it or not, at the thrift store for $14. For those of you who know me, know that I'm addicted to thrifting. Whats great about this dress for this particular shoot is, I went to the thrift store to do my usual rounds of "lets see what I can find today." I wasn't looking for this shoot's outfit yet. But  stumbled upon this serendipitous dress! I was so happy with it and its gorgeous! (so duh! I had to have it!) I also found the dress I wore at the art show hanging right next to it. 

So this shoot, the theme, the theory, the place, in its entirety, was very serendipitous indeed.

xx
Becca

Guess what! Tomorrow is the very last shoot! And I can NOT wait to show you! It's got hand made touches by yours truly. Stay tuned, loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.