Thursday, March 20, 2014

THE EGG OF THE PHOENIX part 5

Thanks for staying with me through these blog posts after blog post about the art show and the work I'm slowly releasing! Here's my shoot! My sister, Jessica Lee was so gracious to take these for me! Usually I set up a tripod and remote for self portraits. But this called for a certain.. not covered in mud kinda touch. ;)

Metamorphosis: [met-uh-mawr-fuhsis]noun: a major change in the appearance or character of someone or something. 









Photography Credit: Jessica Lee

This shoot is symbolic of my awakening. When I look back on those times in my life, I can describe it as I was asleep the whole time. Now that I have woke myself up, I'm covered in this mud I must now take off. And I must do it alone. I got myself into this mess, I'm going to get myself out.

 I'm sharing these stories with you all, not to brag about my problems or what I came from and "look at me now!"... I'm doing this because I have never in my lifetime met a single soul who hasn't had this kind of awakening. We've all been down a road we learned a lot from, and will never return down. I learned more about myself in this process than I ever imagined I could. So I'm not trying to put my issues on blast, and I'm not gloating in my new found state. I'm simply exposing what it is that I have kept hidden from the public eye, my friends and sometimes my own family, for so many months. 

We did this shoot in my backyard literally the last few hours of it being just a bunch of dirt! We planted the grass right after I cleaned off from this shoot! Talk about good timing.. haha

This brings me to my next shoot! But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the rest of this story!
It's almost Friday! Hang in there, loves!

p.s. yes this 100% real mud.

xx
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rebecca McKenzie is a Wedding and Fashion Photographer from Cypress, California.